Stewart Macgregor-Dennis (SMD) is pretty damn interesting. The guy gives us total access into his life, whether we want it or not. So what does such a person do on Twitter, the social media site notorious for providing an echo-chamber for self-promotion? Here is a look at our top-5 favorite SMD tweets.
5. “I’ve realized that the crowdsourcing/outsourcing space truly reflects my passions for realizing ideas and making change happen. #epiphany.”
- Don’t pretend like you know what this tweet means. First of all, is he crowdsourcing/outsourcing space? Or are those adjectives describing space? In which case, how does a space reflect passion? Also, is his idea for making change to outsource ideas to other people? Isn’t that counter to the ideals of self-actualization? I DON’T KNOW WHAT ANY OF THESE BUZZWORDS MEAN ANYMORE.
4. “Intensity. http://pic.twitter.com/SY8egaAo”
- This is the picture that inspired a meme, and it’s just hilarious every time I look at it. Far be it for me to disagree – nothing screams ‘intense’ like posing in front of angel wings and applying a Photoshop color filter.
3. “Had decided that his spirit animal is a Silverback Mountain Gorilla. What’s yours?”
- Imagine you go to a Spirit Animal party and someone tells you they are a Silverback Mountain Gorilla. Not a gorilla. Not a Mountain Gorilla. But the adult male of a subset of gorillas, of which only 1,000 exist. “Intensity” again.
2. “New habit to form: cold showering.”
- Most people know what a cold shower means. That’s a commonly accepted phrase. Who knows – maybe SMD really just likes cold showers. But no matter how hard I try, I can’t fully convince myself that this tweet doesn’t have to do with something a little more personal than just energy consumption. But hey, any guy out there can relate to this.
1. Stewart MacGregor-Dennis 2.0 – my life plan.
- It doesn’t get better than this. The tweet that started it all – the life plan. Want to know how SMD enters his ‘peak state’? Or perhaps why he’s holding his hands in different positions when he feels different emotions? All these answers (and more) lie in this 40-page self-analysis, an exhaustive walkthrough of the life and mind of your current Vice-President and candidate for ASSU Executive.